Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and More

Today I went to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. It has many things there to see and interact with. I really enjoyed my 5 hours there. Recently I took a guitar class at a local junior college and learned many things about the guitar and history of it. Without this prior knowledge, the guitars and musicians/pioneers of the past wouldn't have meant much to me. The only bummer of the museum was that I wasn't able to take pictures inside the museum. So, the only pictures I have are from the lobby. There was many exhibits, but my favorite ones were: Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, The Beatles & John Lennon, David Bowie, The Stones, and Les Paul history. Here are a few pictures from the lobby:

Duran Duran - John Taylor's Bass

ZZ Top's Eliminator

Michael Jackson art piece

George Harrison art piece

Cleveland Browns Stadium right next to the R&R Museum

After, there I went and had a great lunch from a vendor near the R&R Museum - chili dog w/mustard, polish sausage w/peppers, onions, and mustard, and a pop (soda)! Excellent! Thanks Julie Bastulli for the recommendation!!

On my way back to the room, I stopped at the Ohio-Erie Canal Reservation Visitor Center. It was interesting and had a great short hike around the area. I took many pictures of the place. There was many birds, huge dragonflies, butterflies, frogs, flowers, trees, etc. Here are a few pictures:



Cardinal - only saw this one

Bees were everywhere


More bees on flowers...

Another strange flower

Wild Raspberries - Yes, I did eat them!

Down by the canal

Railroad tracks and sewer pipe over the canal

Dragonfly

Looking out near the canal

Another waterway to the canal

Lily pads and a blooming flower

Self Portrait on a walkway

Another self portrait!

The hike back to the car...

Tomorrow the plan is to head to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and then a weekend of Football!!!


1 comment:

  1. Awsome pics Shawn!!! Looks like U r havin lots of fun :) Enjoy the rest of your trip!! Dawn

    ReplyDelete