Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 6, 2010 - Cuyahoga Valley Nat'l Park

Here is some of my pictures from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park in Ohio. It was a really great area and very accessible to everyone. The canal systems they had back in the 1800s were very interesting, too.

One of many different wildflowers

Daddy Long-Legs like spider...they were everywhere!

First hiking trail of the day...

Ohio & Erie Canal System - Lock 38
Very cool system to haul goods by canal boats with mules pulling them down the canal.

Bridge near the first visitor's center

Great Blue Heron

taking off...

So many butterflies in Ohio!

Nice bridge on the way out to the Beaver Marsh

Got Fungus?

Painted Turtle soaking up some sun!

Everette Covered Bridge

Me at Brandywine Falls

Brandywine Falls

Trail to Brandywine Falls...

Redwing Black Bird

Another Painted Turtle!

Native Snapping Turtle - this was about a foot and a half long!

The Beaver Marshes

Hike to Ice Box Cave

Trail to Ice Box Cave

Trail to Ice Box Cave

Trail to Ice Box Cave

Trail to Ice Box Cave

Trail to Ice Box Cave

Along the trail to Ice Box Cave

Tree growing out of the wall

Just outside Ice Box Cave - the coldest place in the area!

Inside of Ice Box Cave

Entrance to Ice Box Cave

Along the Ledges Trail

Weird shaped tree along the Ledges Trail

Along the Ledges Trail

Ledges Trail

Ledges Trail

Ledges Trail

Here is a little crevice I was checking out. I had to use my camera phone flash to see.

I start to take pictures inside and poke my head down inside this area...(if you look close enough on the top you'll see some white round things...)

I realize that this crevice is full of big spiders that have many egg sacs all around me. I take a quick picture and rush out. I was flipping out and shaking to make sure none were on me!

Walkway at the end of the Ledges Trail

Can you believe this is in Ohio and not some jungle?

Leaving the trail...

The end of the trail

This park was beautiful and would love to visit again during the fall to see all the different colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment